Whether it's "we're comin', we're comin'" or "objects in your mirror may be closer than they appear", nobody pumps up Minnesota sports fans quite like the Common Man Progrum (weekdays, noon-3 p.m.).
For the past 13, 14 years, nobody has supported and rooted on the hometown teams like "The Common Man" Dan Cole.
Common is joined weekdays by interim producer Brandon "Tenna-B" Mileski (also hosts Beyond the Pond, Saturdays 10-noon), and given the constant full phone lines, doesn't have too much time for guests with the exception being Don Drysdale.
Given that Common doesn't have a switch and can't turn off the charm and charisma, you can always expect the Common Man progrum to be the finest 3 hours in radio.
The Progrum is now keeping track of the most Preposterous statements uttered in 2013...here's the current tally:
1) Randy Moss: "I've always been a team player. I've never been about self."
2) Star Tribune Headline: "Vikings compare favorably to NFC Champ 49ers"
3) Titus Young: "Like I've said, I've never been selfish but if I'm not going to get the football, I don't want to play anymore"
4) Henry Lake: said RG3 will Rookie Of The Year because "we have been hit over the head with RG3 since the Subway commercials in training camp"
5) Kevin Gorg: "Up in places like Warroad and Roseau, they play hockey year-round"
6) Fred Hoiberg: on potential recruits, "When we get them on campus, there is no better atmosphere in sports than Hilton Colliseum"
7) Craig Leipold: prior to Minnesota Wild pre-season intra-squad scrimmage, "Should be a very physical game"
8) Tenna-B: "Destiny's Child has a lot of good songs"
9) Greg Anthony: during the Clippers/Nuggets game remarked that the altitude in Denver changes the weight of the basketball and makes it much lighter then a normal basketball's weight in any other stadium."
10) Leonardo DiCaprio: said he may need to take a break from acting because filming three movies in two years has left him exhausted, "I'm a little bit drained. I am now going to take a long, long break."
11) Michael Russo: said a goalie loses 5-10 pounds a game
12) Paul Charchian: said that he wonders how more people don't killed from the snowmobile tricks on the X-games because "they are doing backflips with a 1 ton vehicle."
13) Former NFL Ref Bernie Kukar: on how refs are chosen for the Super Bowl, "Normally they don't take the guys that worked the Championship games into the Super Bowl, what they usually do is take them out of the first or second round of the playoffs because they don't want a guy sitting around for 5 weeks or so not having any games to officiate, they could get a little rusty so they like to take them out of the first or second rounds so they don't have too much of a lag between the next game and the Super Bowl."
14) PA: asked Sage Rosenfels "Do you think Adrian Peterson beat up the Green Bay Packers so much over 2 games this season, that they were too beat up to stop the 49er's this weekend?"
15) Flip Saunders: explaining why Michigan was the best college basketball team in the country he said "a lot of their players had fathers that played in the NBA and therefore were used to playing on the big stage."
16) Stuart Scott: called the celebrity basketball game "one of the most anticipated events in sports."
17) Reggie Miller: before the All-Star Game, "You will see some of the best basketball ever played in the world here tonight."
18) Michael Waltrip: "What these drivers are displaying is an incredible amount of athleticism."
19) Leslie Frazier: when introducing Cris Carter, "The thing that has impressed me the most, is the humility he shows."
20) Lavelle E. Neal III: tweeted "Gopher sports got you down? Wild trying your nerves? Read some Twins notes. They'll make you feel better."
21) Kevin Gorg: "I grew up idolizing Mark Rosen."
22) PA: talking about how Percy Harvin couldn't be upset with Ponder: "Christian made Percy and MVP Candidate half way through the season."
23) Wes Walz: said Nikolas Backstrom has a better save percentage in Calgary because of the lighting.
24) Sean Farnham (ESPN Analyst): "Minnesota is lucky to have a coach like Tubby Smith."
25) Phil Miller (Star Tribune): tweeted during spring training, "Glen Perkins now throwing live BP. His hitters: Mauer, Morneau, Willingham, Plouffe. Might be tougher than any game he pitches.
26) Ben Leber: comparing NFL combine to Washington D.C., "It would be like walking on the Washington Capital and just feeling the political buzz and the power that's in there. If you've ever gone to Washington D.C. and you just feel the power of Washington D.C., you feel the influence. The influence is there at the Combine."
27) Ray Edwards: said to Common Man "You worked your way to get to the top."
28) Mike Pelfrey: when discussing the American vs National leagues differences and the DH vs pitcher, he said "Sometimes the pitcher is the hardest guy to face".
29) Bruce Bowen: said that San Antonio's home loss to Phoenix was partially due to the fact that this was the first home game for the Spurs after the rodeo and the lingering smell affected them.
30) Jimmy Howard (Red Wings Goalie): on NHL moving Detroit from Western Conference to Eastern Conference, "It'd be unbelievable. The travel takes years off of all our lives."
31) John Bonnes: "The Twins will be a fun team to watch this spring."
32) Dwight Howard: "A lot of us don't participate in it because we do so much during the All-Star weekend, that by the time we get to the dunk contest we have no legs. We're
standing, doing appearances all day. And when you do the dunk contest you want
to have your legs, you want to be ready to go. You want to put on a good show
for the fans. I think some guys don't want to get embarrassed in the dunk
contest, so they just choose not to do it."
33) Ken Rosenthal: tweeted "Young (Delmon) coming off microfracture surgery on right ankle, #Phillies think he may be able to regain mobility in OF"
34) Ben Leber: "The NFL, in regards to their due dilligence, is rivaled by only the CIA and the Government."
35) Michael Russo: after Niklas Backstrom gave up 4 goals in first period in Chicago after a delay because of Marian Hossa's 1000th game ceremony, he tweeted "Hate to say it, but this is not the first time Backstrom was shaky after a ceremony. He gets rusty standing there."
36) Rodney Williams: said he thinks one of the reason the Gophers have trouble finding someone to take over is because they have 'so many weapons'.
37) PA: said on his showpage, "There is some serious damage we can do with Mike Wallace on one side and Jerome Simpson on the other"
38) Jim Kaat: made an excuse for Mexico's left fielder Edgar Gonzalez when he misjudged a fly ball in their game against Italy the day before. Kaat said, "It's a little more difficult to pick up the flight of the fly balls in spring training down here where you don't have the double-deck, big stadiums and I think that's what caused him to misjudge that ball."
39) Ben Leber: "If you're a Blackhawks fan, I think you want them to lose a couple of games in a row."
40) Rob Dibble: when talking about his exclusion from PSTV, Rob Dibble said, "I'm not stupid enough [to be in the Preposterous Statement Tournament]"
41) Amy Van Dyken: "Signing Reggie Bush makes the Lions a contender."
42) Andy Fuhrman (Fox Sports Radio): on Wes Welker leaving the Patriots, "to let this guy walk, it's like letting Babe Ruth walk from the Yankees."
43) Jerome Simpson: on with PA, predicted he would get 1,000 receiving yards next season
44) Meatsauce: said he wouldn't want Justin Morneau to have his back in a fight because "He looks super uncoordinated. I'd take Tenna over him."
45) Paul Allen: said that he could remember all of Adrian Peterson's career runs and there were only three where he lowered the crown of his helmet.
46) Jim Souhan: "Miguel Sano could be reminding people of Miguel Cabrera in the big leagues by next season."
47) Rex Chapman (NCAA Basketball Analyst): "Tubby's teams play hard all the time. They'll run through a wall for Tubby."
48) Matt Cassel: "The Vikings conveyed to me that Christian obviously had a great year last year."
49) PA: "Antoine Winfield is not going to play for the Cleveland Browns for $6 million if he can get 2 or 3 here"
50) Greg Jennings: on Christian Ponder, "Throws a great deep ball, can make any throw on the field."
51) PA: Introduced Tim Laudner as "Catching Immortality"
52) Kurt Rambis: on Magic Johnson, "The reason ESPN exists his because he changed the league"
53) Richard Pitino: "This is absolutely the place I want to be. We hope to be here the rest of our lives."
54) Richard Pitino: "I believe this is one of the best basketball jobs in the country"
55) Norwood Teague: "The search unfolded just the way we wanted to"
56) AJ Mansour: "Eli [Manning] is just as inconsistent as [Tony] Romo, only difference is he won a couple of Super Bowls"
57) Jermichael Finley: "I see Christian Ponder being a great quarterback next season."
58) Common Man: "More work goes into this show than all the other shows on this station combined."
59) Jerry Kill: on hiring of Richard Pitino, "He's taken the hard path a little bit and I like that"
60) Ron Gardenhire: on Drew Butera, "Drew is a very good catcher. He doesn't belong in Triple-A. He's a Major Leaguer."
61) Sid Hartman: wrote "Kill was fifth on the Gophers' list but has turned out to be better than #1 candidate, who supposedly was Brady Hoke, who as at San Diego State and was hired by Michigan in 2011."
62) John Bonnes: said watching batting practice at Wrigley Field was a 'Top 5 Moment' in his life.
63) Rick Spielman: on Christian Ponder, "I give him just as much credit for getting us into the playoffs as Adrian."
64) Kevin Gorg: previewing Blackhawks/Wild Playoff Game 1, PA asked 'What if he get a 2-0 lead in this game tonight?' Gorg responded, "I almost think you're better off if this game stays scoreless for a long time."
65) Skip Bayless: "Tavon Austin is the Barry Sanders of Receivers"
66) PA: "Oh my God, we're going to win the fricking Super Bowl. Forget 10-6. We're going 15-1 and I'm having a hard time finding that one loss."
67) Roy Smalley: said the Twins 5-5 road trip was 'Wildly successful'
68) Mike Greenlay: said the 'Wild won a couple games but lost the score'
69) PA: on Zach Parise in Game 2 vs. the Blackhawks, "Parise had one of the greatest shifts in NHL history". NOTE: Parise did not score on the shift.
70) Joe Nelson: "Oswaldo Arcia reminds me of a young David Ortiz"
71) Dick Bremer: "Correia is probably more upset he fell behind on the count 3-1 than giving up the home run."
72) PA: wrote on his showpage, "I predict ADRIAN has five games that amass at least 1,000 yards rushing, which means he'll have the other 11 to sprint to like 2,400 rushing yards. Yeah, I said it -- Adrian will run for 2,400 yards."
73) Spencer Tallockson: on the hiring of Richard Pitino, "I was shocked that they were able to get someone of his stature up to Minnesota and be fully committed as he seems to be."
74) Paul Charchian: stated the opportunity for a fan to announce the Vikings 4th round draft pick would be 'life changing'.
75) Golf Analyst Brandel Chamblee: on the 2-stroke penalty against Tiger Woods in the Masters, "This will cast a dark shadow over the entire day of golf, over this entire event, but more importantly over his entire career for the rest of the life."
76) Sid Hartman: said that Lou Holtz is the greatest College Football Coach of all-time but that Jerry Kill is 'getting pretty close'.
77) Bert Blyleven: "Peavy knows that Willingham has not had very uch success against him. These are the guys you don't want to face because you know they are due."
The Glorious Past of Preposterous Statements:
Preposterous Statements list from 2012
Preposterous Statements list from 2011
Preposterous Statements list from 2010
Preposterous Statements list from 2009
Preposterous Statements list from 2008
Now you can listen to your favorite Common Man sounders and audio clips! Click here to visit the Jingle Bank!